Darn. I just woke up. There is still no playoff. There is still no hope for TCU barring defeat for Auburn or Oregon. Let's not pretend that some grand stakes were involved in Boise's trip to Reno either. Don't sell me on the significance of a Rose Bowl berth for the Broncos - they've been to BCS games and won already. You know, with a playoff, maybe Boise's game wouldn't have meant as much or been so exciting... but maybe in a playoff they would have had a legitimate chance at a national championship. There is no national meaning to these games today, just Bowl assignments and rivalry games. The only winner after yesterday's Black Friday in college football was the BCS - perhaps the most depressing outcome of them all.
New Posts to Hype
- Can Carlos Gomez & Jean Segura reach rare, historic numbers in 2013?
- Yankees Take Game 1 Against Dodgers
- 99 Stats Until Kickoff: (#21) Philip Rivers passing accuracy can’t lead Chargers to victory
- Youkilis Heading Back to DL to Join Granderson, Teixeira
- Future Starts Today for Mets
- Can Vigneault Get Rangers over the Hump?
- The Flyers impatience leads Sergei Bobrovsky to Vezina
- Flyers, Streit Close to a Deal