On Monday, I did a cram session, trying to learn as much as possible about 68 NCAA basketball squads. Okay, maybe it was more like 50-something. I left out Alabama State and the like, in the interest of time. Now, let me preface my picks by saying I hate people who go chalk (picking all the top seeds). I always try to squeeze at least one #2 or #3 seed into the Final Four. Not this year. After fighting it, I finally gave in and took all #1 seeds. That’s how little faith I have in the second-tier teams. In one of my pools, I did take #3-seeded Syracuse to go all the way. Outside of that, I’ve got more chalk than LeBron at a scorer’s table. Yep, lump me in with Marge in accounting. I kept it super-simple this year in the Final Four. Of course, I did go a little wild in the first round. I like a handful of upsets, including Utah State, Belmont, USC (over Georgetown), Richmond and Gonzaga. And when it comes to choosing the team that will cut down the nets, The Geek’s strategy is to take the #1 seed that’s getting the least fanfare. That’s Pittsburgh. Their region is a cakewalk. For my gripe against the Tournament Selection Committee, click here.
New Posts to Hype
- 2013 Preakness Stakes Post Positions And Odds: Orb Favored To Win Second Leg Of Triple Crown
- Bobcats Name Change: Charlotte Bobcats To Revert Name Change Back To Charlotte Hornets In 2014?
- Schemed to Death: “Blitzburgh” – ‘Steel’ Number One
- I Want to Remember Vintage Tebow
- UEFA Champions League Finals: Borussia vs Bayern BOLD Predictions
- Miami Dolphins Rumors: Will “Offset Language” Keep Dion Jordan Off The Field?
- DAVID BECKHAM BIDS ADIEU TO WORLD FOOTBALL [A Personal Reflection]
- Mock Draft Analysis: You’re on the Clock