Who doesn’t love an underdog? I chose Kansas to win it all in my bracket, but I found myself pulling for eleven-seed VCU to pull off the upset, sending Kansas back to Lawrence and my bracket into further disarray. A day earlier, Butler upset two-seed Florida to earn its second consecutive trip to the Final Four where they'll take on VCU, guaranteeing that either Butler or VCU will play in the championship game. What does this all prove? It shows that every single team, regardless of conference affiliation or pedigree, deserves an equal shot at the national championship; and that any given team is capable of beating any given team when it's all on the line. It's what makes college sports so exciting, yet college football is yet to arrive at the postseason party.
New Posts to Hype
- Rice wins first conference title since 1957
- Mean Green exceed expectations; going bowling
- Yankees look to capitalize on Ellsbury’s stolen base prowess
- Have the Cowboys turned a corner?
- Mets Sign Granderson, Open Up New Possibilities
- MLB Midseason Bold Predictions Recap
- W2W4: Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks
- Knicks Steamroll Nets to Snap Nine-Game Losing Streak