One week after throwing for 422 yards against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 1, Cam Newton out did himself by throwing for 432 yards against the Green Bay Packers in Week 2. In Week 1 Newton completed 24-37 passes with 2 TD’s, I INT and a quarterback rating of 110.4. This week however Newton had a quarterback rating of just 72 as he completed 28-49 to his team and three passes to the other team. Much like last week Newton again ran for a TD in week two, and while Fantasy Football owners have been handsomely rewarded the first two weeks with a 29 point week followed up with a 26 point week, Carolina Panthers fans are left with the reality that Newton has led his team to an 0-2 start. Newton as athletic as they come and will certainly make plays at the position but until he plays the position more at the NFL level the “rookie mistakes” will routinely prevent Carolina from winning. Fantasy owners should enjoy a fantastic year from Newton, Panthers fans, not so much.
New Posts to Hype
- Yankees Pull Out Extra-Inning Victory in Baltimore
- MLB Power Rankings: Week 7
- Charity Event Turns Out To Be Perfect Team-Building Experience For Miami Dolphins
- NBA Draft Lottery: 5 Biggest Game Changers To Come From NBA Draft Lottery Conspiracies and Bad Luck
- Dissecting Philadelphia Flyers’ 2012 Draft Picks
- NBA Rumors: Will Boston Celtics Sign Greg Oden?
- Charles Woodson Ready To Take Back The Silver and Black
- Never an Idea