At least one of the players Cleveland re-inked on this week may have gotten a bigger contract than he deserved. Tribe closer Chris Perez certainly isn’t a bad signing for $4.5 million—arbitration deals come at a discount—but the deal does suggest an implicit overestimation of what Perez is really worth.
New Posts to Hype
- Rice wins first conference title since 1957
- Mean Green exceed expectations; going bowling
- Yankees look to capitalize on Ellsbury’s stolen base prowess
- Have the Cowboys turned a corner?
- Mets Sign Granderson, Open Up New Possibilities
- MLB Midseason Bold Predictions Recap
- W2W4: Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks
- Knicks Steamroll Nets to Snap Nine-Game Losing Streak