At least one of the players Cleveland re-inked on this week may have gotten a bigger contract than he deserved. Tribe closer Chris Perez certainly isn’t a bad signing for $4.5 million—arbitration deals come at a discount—but the deal does suggest an implicit overestimation of what Perez is really worth.
New Posts to Hype
- What a Beauty! My “Hockey’s Greatest” book review
- Brewers sever ties with another one-year slugger
- Packers Numbers Crunches: Game #12
- Rookies with 20 or more home runs in a season
- The disappearance of the 20-game winner in baseball
- NFL Rumors: Should The Dolphins Trade Ryan Tannehill To The Texans, Browns, Redskins, Rams Or Bears
- NFL Rumors: Could Bears Trade Matt Forte To Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, Colts Or Dolphins?
- NL Central: MLB’s best division in 2015