At least one of the players Cleveland re-inked on this week may have gotten a bigger contract than he deserved. Tribe closer Chris Perez certainly isn’t a bad signing for $4.5 million—arbitration deals come at a discount—but the deal does suggest an implicit overestimation of what Perez is really worth.
New Posts to Hype
- Rutgers Football: Q&A With Seattle Times’ Washington State Beat Writer, Bud Withers
- New York Jets: How Good Will Chris Johnson Be This Year?
- U.S. Open Women’s Preview: Can Serena Swing It?
- AFC West, NFC West teams have tough road with 2014 schedule
- NFL Rumors: Will St. Louis Rams Sign Tim Tebow Following Sam Bradford Season-Ending ACL Injury?
- 5 Takeaways From New York Giants Preseason Week 3 Victory
- New York Jets Finally Announce Geno Smith As Starting Quarterback
- Ryan Nassib Solidifies New York Giants’ Backup QB Role With Performance Against New York Jets