Of the five players the Indians re-signed Tuesday, Joe Smith might have the lowest profile—great as he was out of the bullpen this year, the 27-year-old right-hander is a relief pitcher, and not one who sees much action in high-leverage situations. But if for no other reason, that the two sides have agreed to a one-year, $1.75 million deal is noteworthy because it’s a huge bargain.
New Posts to Hype
- The Tarnished Shield
- Should Roger Goodell Step Down?
- MLB Rumors: Will Boston Red Sox Trade Yoenis Cespedes If Unable To Extend His Contract?
- NFL Rumors: Will Oakland Raiders Hire Jon Gruden To Replace Fired Head Coach Dennis Allen?
- Packers Notebook: Inside the Numbers in the Packers win over the Bears
- Jonathan Lucroy finds a home at second base
- My Thoughts on Ray Rice
- Growing Up a Student of Derek Jeter’s