The College Football Rules Committee makes sweeping changes in an attempt to inject more offense into the game. Most importantly, the playing field is reduced from 110 yards to 100 yards. The point value of a touchdown increases from five to six. The number of downs needed to gain 10 yards increases from three to four. Kickoffs are now made from a team’s own 40-yard line instead of midfield, previously the 55-yard line on the 110-yard field. The forward pass is allowed anywhere on the field. Previously, a pass could not be caught more than 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Also, passes can now be caught in the end zone for the first time.
New Posts to Hype
- Could Phillies Trade Ryan Howard To Royals, Orioles, Rays, Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox, Mariners, Angels Or Rangers?
- Brock Lesnar Shocks All With UFC Retirement, Signs New Contract With WWE Past Wrestlemania 31
- Cowboys Sign Greg Hardy; but at what cost?
- 2015 NFL Draft Rumors: Will Bears, Bills, Browns, Chargers, Eagles, Jets, Saints Or Rams Trade With Titans To Draft Marcus Mariota?
- March Madness 2015: NCAA Tournament Picks, Predictions And Upsets From Every Region
- 12 Awesome Fantasy Football Trophies
- NFL Rumors: Would Saints Trade Drew Brees to Eagles, Bills, Jets, Bucs Or Bears?
- MLB Rumors: Should Phillies Trade Cole Hamels To Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Astros, Dodgers, Or Cubs?