Even though the 49ers’ surprising 2011 season fell just short of a Super Bowl, the team’s success was generated in great part due to the effectiveness of the league’s fourth ranked defense (308.1 YPG), which was in turn led by the NFL’s stingiest run stoppers (77.3 YPG). However, San Francisco ranked a paltry 26th in total offense, despite possessing the league’s eighth best rushing offense (127.8 YPG), due to the limitations in their “aerial attack”. The Niners did not even generate 200 YPG (183), while ranking a lowly 29th in passing.
New Posts to Hype
- Kuroda Leaves Early as Yankees Fall to Orioles
- Chelsea FC: 4 Achievements Worth Mentioning To The World
- Tiger, Sergio, fried chicken and misplaced racism
- Miami Dolphins’ Jamar Taylor Will Miss OTAs & Mini-Camp
- NBA Rumors: Would Los Angeles Lakers Trade Dwight Howard To Dallas Mavericks For No. 13 Pick In 2013 NBA Draft?
- MLB Trade Rumors: Should Philadelphia Phillies Trade Cliff Lee To Baltimore Orioles Or Los Angeles Angels?
- Why the Knicks Struggled Against the Pacers
- Orioles Defeat Yankees in Extra Inningh Rematc