I was all set to get on Terry Collins for the moves he made on Monday afternoon. First, there was leaving Jon Niese in the game to pitch the sixth inning after he had already labored through 105 pitches in five innings on a muggy day. And that one still holds as a bad move as it probably cost the Mets the game. With the score tied 2-2, Niese walked Ty Wigginton before giving up a home run to John Mayberry which was scalded. Maybe Terry got spoiled with the long outings by Santana and Dickey that he wanted to press his luck. He got whammied on that one.
New Posts to Hype
- Can Carlos Gomez & Jean Segura reach rare, historic numbers in 2013?
- Yankees Take Game 1 Against Dodgers
- 99 Stats Until Kickoff: (#21) Philip Rivers passing accuracy can’t lead Chargers to victory
- Youkilis Heading Back to DL to Join Granderson, Teixeira
- Future Starts Today for Mets
- Can Vigneault Get Rangers over the Hump?
- The Flyers impatience leads Sergei Bobrovsky to Vezina
- Flyers, Streit Close to a Deal