Last year in the NBA Finals I picked the Dallas Mavericks to beat the Miami Heat in 6 games . This year I am also picking the Miami Heat to lose in 6 games to the Oklahoma City Thunder. Here are some reasons why I am picking the Thunder.
- Both of the Thunder and Heat are pretty even at each position except for one. Point Guard. Russell Westbrook will have a huge advantage over Mario Chamlers at both ends of the court. Westbrook is just too quick and strong for Chamlers.
- Both teams have three players that do a majority of the scoring. Problem is for the Heat two of their main scorers are battling injuries. Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are both battling nagging injuries. Wade has disappeared at times and Bosh sat out for three weeks. The Thunder’s big three are all younger and healthier. Those players are Kevin Durant, Westbrook and Harden.
- Most of these games should be close games and that’s a big advantage for the Thunder, because of their free throw shooting and three point shooting. In the playoffs the Thunder are shooting 84 from the free throw line. The Miami Heat are just shooting 72 %. The Thunder are also shooting 38 % from three compared to 33 % for the Heat.
- Over the last two seasons the Miami Heat have been horrible in late game situations. Whether it’s Wade or LeBron James no one can seem to make that clutch shot. The Thunder just the opposite Kevin Durant has hit many late second clutch shots in these 2012 NBA playoffs.
- Right now James is unstoppable but the Thunder have multiple players that they can put on James. Whether that’s Durant, Thabo Sefolosha and so on. The Heat don’t have the same amount of players that they can put on Durant.
- The Thunder have the better bench by far. In the playoffs the Thunder are getting 36.2 points per game from their bench. About half of that is from James Harden. The Miami Heat hardly get any production from their bench. Bosh could help if the Heat chooses not to start him.
- Lastly I just think that the Thunder are too quick for the Heat. The
In case you missed it here are position breakdowns.
- Category: NBA