UFC Middleweight contender Chris Weidman’s home in Baldwin, New York in Long Island was hit hard by hurricane Sandy. Weidman (9-0) is a member of team Serra-Longo and is ranked the #3 Middleweight in the world by Sherdog. Weidman’s previous fight was against another top Middleweight in Mark Muñoz (12-3) on UFC on Fuel TV 4. Weidman scored a huge KO in round two of the bout and was considered to be the number one contender for a shot at long time UFC Middleweight champ, Anderson Silva (33-4), who is considered to be the top pound-for-pound MMA fighter in the world. Unfortunately for Weidman, Silva declined to fight him and it was even being said that Silva was “ducking” Weidman. However, others have said that Weidman still needs another win or two to earn a shot at the long time champ, so this is exactly what he decided to do. Weidman will be facing a top Middleweight contender in Tim Boetsch (16-4) at UFC 155 on December 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
New Posts to Hype
- Stats you might have missed from NFL Week #8
- 2014/15 NBA Championship
- Looking for an NBA title? Follow the Spurs 2013-14 blueprint
- NFL rookies finding the end zone in 2014
- NFL Rumors: Could Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trade Vincent Jackson To New England Patriots?
- Why Kevin Long to the Mets is a bad idea
- Not everyone see’s what makes Peyton Manning the best
- Cowboys hoping ‘first team to six wins’ theory gives them inside track on Super Bowl this year