UFC Middleweight contender Chris Weidman’s home in Baldwin, New York in Long Island was hit hard by hurricane Sandy. Weidman (9-0) is a member of team Serra-Longo and is ranked the #3 Middleweight in the world by Sherdog. Weidman’s previous fight was against another top Middleweight in Mark Muñoz (12-3) on UFC on Fuel TV 4. Weidman scored a huge KO in round two of the bout and was considered to be the number one contender for a shot at long time UFC Middleweight champ, Anderson Silva (33-4), who is considered to be the top pound-for-pound MMA fighter in the world. Unfortunately for Weidman, Silva declined to fight him and it was even being said that Silva was “ducking” Weidman. However, others have said that Weidman still needs another win or two to earn a shot at the long time champ, so this is exactly what he decided to do. Weidman will be facing a top Middleweight contender in Tim Boetsch (16-4) at UFC 155 on December 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
New Posts to Hype
- NFL Rumors: Would Seahawks Trade Russell Wilson To Browns, Bills, Jets, Eagles Or Redskins?
- The month of MLB no-hitters
- Why The New York Yankees Remain Living Proof Of MLB Insanity
- NBA Rumors: Should Thunder Trade Kevin Durant To Wizards, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Mavericks Or Cavaliers?
- Runner-up at the Masters
- NFL Rumors: Will Seattle Seahawks Trade Michael Bennett After Star Refuses To Back Down From Jimmy Graham Comments?
- Masters 2015: Complete Round 1 And 2 Pairings And Tee Times Featuring Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy And Tiger Woods
- 2015 MLB Predictions: Nationals Over Mariners In World Series, Cubs And Padres Improve But Not Playoff Bound Yet