UFC Middleweight contender Chris Weidman’s home in Baldwin, New York in Long Island was hit hard by hurricane Sandy. Weidman (9-0) is a member of team Serra-Longo and is ranked the #3 Middleweight in the world by Sherdog. Weidman’s previous fight was against another top Middleweight in Mark Muñoz (12-3) on UFC on Fuel TV 4. Weidman scored a huge KO in round two of the bout and was considered to be the number one contender for a shot at long time UFC Middleweight champ, Anderson Silva (33-4), who is considered to be the top pound-for-pound MMA fighter in the world. Unfortunately for Weidman, Silva declined to fight him and it was even being said that Silva was “ducking” Weidman. However, others have said that Weidman still needs another win or two to earn a shot at the long time champ, so this is exactly what he decided to do. Weidman will be facing a top Middleweight contender in Tim Boetsch (16-4) at UFC 155 on December 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
New Posts to Hype
- Best Fantasy Football Team Names
- Should New York Yankees Trade For Philadelphia Phillies 1B Ryan Howard Before July 31 MLB Trade Deadline?
- Yankees Win Rain-Shortened Game Against Rangers
- Nets Sign Two Of Their Second Round Picks
- Mets Take Series From Mariners Behind Stellar Bartolo Colon Start
- Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice Suspended For First 2 Games Of 2014 NFL Season Following Elevator Incident
- Celtics Moving On From Kevin Love Trade Talks, While Cavs And Bulls Ramp Up Effort To Acquire Timberwolves Star
- New York Giants Suffer Huge Blow With Chris Snee Retirement