UFC Middleweight contender Chris Weidman’s home in Baldwin, New York in Long Island was hit hard by hurricane Sandy. Weidman (9-0) is a member of team Serra-Longo and is ranked the #3 Middleweight in the world by Sherdog. Weidman’s previous fight was against another top Middleweight in Mark Muñoz (12-3) on UFC on Fuel TV 4. Weidman scored a huge KO in round two of the bout and was considered to be the number one contender for a shot at long time UFC Middleweight champ, Anderson Silva (33-4), who is considered to be the top pound-for-pound MMA fighter in the world. Unfortunately for Weidman, Silva declined to fight him and it was even being said that Silva was “ducking” Weidman. However, others have said that Weidman still needs another win or two to earn a shot at the long time champ, so this is exactly what he decided to do. Weidman will be facing a top Middleweight contender in Tim Boetsch (16-4) at UFC 155 on December 29th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
New Posts to Hype
- Week in Review with Kenny and Nick: May 19th, 2013
- Knicks Lose Game 6, Series, to Pacers
- Cano Carries Yankees Past Blue Jays
- 2013 Preakness Stakes Post Positions And Odds: Orb Favored To Win Second Leg Of Triple Crown
- Bobcats Name Change: Charlotte Bobcats To Revert Name Change Back To Charlotte Hornets In 2014?
- Schemed to Death: “Blitzburgh” – ‘Steel’ Number One
- I Want to Remember Vintage Tebow
- UEFA Champions League Finals: Borussia vs Bayern BOLD Predictions