I went to bed last night with Evan Longoria having gotten a six-year, $100 million extension from the Tampa Bay Rays, a team not known for being able to keep players around for the long term. At that point, there was no excuse for the Mets to continue to silly around with this process. Whether its truth or perception, it isn't a good look to have the Rays lock up a player who was nowhere near free agency, and at the same time have your organization, money problems or no money problems, dick around with the face of your franchise.
New Posts to Hype
- Ryan Braun nears club record for multi-HR games
- 2014 NFL Draft Rumors: Will Houston Texans Draft Khalil Mack With No. 1 Overall Pick?
- Early look at Baylor 2014 schedule
- Series Recap – Mariners
- Time For Lucas Duda to Step Up and Produce
- Nets Take Game 1 in Toronto
- Yankees Bullpen Gets Shelled by Rays
- Longest active playoff streaks in pro sports