The Mets earlier this week agreed to the terms of a contract extension with star third-baseman and franchise face David Wright. The total amount of the extension sits at 8 years 138 million, which adds 7 years 122 million to his current contract. The contract made Wright the richest Met in their history and will have him signed through 2020. This is obviously a huge load of Mets fans minds as many wondered if he would suffer the same fate as Jose Reyes last off-season. They deal fits in molds of other star third baseman Evan Longoria who will get little more money per year but signed for 3 years less.
New Posts to Hype
- Dan McCarney Raps on Dallas Radio
- 2014 NFL Free Agency: With Trades Unlikely, Expect Steve Smith, Darrelle Revis, Chris Johnson And Julius Peppers To Get Cut
- March Sadness: Is Joel Embiid’s Kansas Jayhawks Career Over?
- Thoughts on Ian Kinsler’s comments
- Are the Browns better off than the Cowboys?
- Nets Get Back Over .500 With Win Against Kings
- Strong 4th Quarter Pushes Knicks Past 76ers
- Blackhawks Top Sabres 2-1 in Buffalo