The Mets earlier this week agreed to the terms of a contract extension with star third-baseman and franchise face David Wright. The total amount of the extension sits at 8 years 138 million, which adds 7 years 122 million to his current contract. The contract made Wright the richest Met in their history and will have him signed through 2020. This is obviously a huge load of Mets fans minds as many wondered if he would suffer the same fate as Jose Reyes last off-season. They deal fits in molds of other star third baseman Evan Longoria who will get little more money per year but signed for 3 years less.
New Posts to Hype
- Will NFL Postpone Buffalo Bills Vs. New York Jets Game Due To Record Amount Of Snow?
- Could The 2014 NFL Draft WR Class Become The Greatest In NFL History?
- BREAKING: Adrian Peterson Suspended For At Least Rest Of 2014 NFL Season
- Winning an NFL game with 14 or fewer points
- Packers Numbers Notebook: Stats from their win over Philadelphia
- After Florida Fires Will Muschamp, Would Gators Ever Hire Tim Tebow As Coach?
- 2014 Heisman Trophy Watch: With Marcus Mariota Idle, Melvin Gordon Rises While Dak Prescott Falls
- NFL Week #11 features two potential shootouts