The Mets earlier this week agreed to the terms of a contract extension with star third-baseman and franchise face David Wright. The total amount of the extension sits at 8 years 138 million, which adds 7 years 122 million to his current contract. The contract made Wright the richest Met in their history and will have him signed through 2020. This is obviously a huge load of Mets fans minds as many wondered if he would suffer the same fate as Jose Reyes last off-season. They deal fits in molds of other star third baseman Evan Longoria who will get little more money per year but signed for 3 years less.
New Posts to Hype
- Stats you might have missed from NFL Week #8
- 2014/15 NBA Championship
- Looking for an NBA title? Follow the Spurs 2013-14 blueprint
- NFL rookies finding the end zone in 2014
- NFL Rumors: Could Tampa Bay Buccaneers Trade Vincent Jackson To New England Patriots?
- Why Kevin Long to the Mets is a bad idea
- Not everyone see’s what makes Peyton Manning the best
- Cowboys hoping ‘first team to six wins’ theory gives them inside track on Super Bowl this year