The Mets earlier this week agreed to the terms of a contract extension with star third-baseman and franchise face David Wright. The total amount of the extension sits at 8 years 138 million, which adds 7 years 122 million to his current contract. The contract made Wright the richest Met in their history and will have him signed through 2020. This is obviously a huge load of Mets fans minds as many wondered if he would suffer the same fate as Jose Reyes last off-season. They deal fits in molds of other star third baseman Evan Longoria who will get little more money per year but signed for 3 years less.
New Posts to Hype
- Yankees Crush David Price in Tampa Bay
- Knicks Defeat Raptors to End Disappointing Season on High Note
- Series Recap: Mets Sweep Diamondbacks In The Desert
- Series Preview: Brooklyn Nets (6) vs. Toronto Raptors (3)
- Nets Lose to Cavaliers, Clinch 6th Seed
- Indiana, San Antonio gain #1 seeds in NBA playoffs
- 2014 NFL Draft: Could Georgia Bulldogs QB Aaron Murray Become Steal Of The Draft For One Lucky NFL Team?
- Mets Blank Diamondbacks For Second Consecutive Victory