With a season that promised for a new beginning and a whole new outlook, the Brooklyn Nets got exactly what they wanted after moving out of New Jersey. Avery Johnson’s revamped and rejuvenated squad came out with an 11-4 record in November and atop the standings in the Atlantic Division tied with the New York Knicks. Led by the dynamic backcourt of Deron Williams and Joe Johnson, the Nets have become the talk of the NBA and are a major sleeper team on the rise with a chance to become something special in New York City, where the New York Knicks have been the prime focus for quite a long time. The Nets have had many key wins so far to begin their young season including a win over Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers, a hard fought overtime battle over the Knicks in which they came out on top as the kings of New York, and two huge wins against the Boston Celtics, the reigning Atlantic Division winner from the previous season. The second win against Boston featured a mini brawl which all started with a foul from Kris Humphries on future hall of fame power forward Kevin Garnett in which guard Rajon Rondo took exception and proceeded to violently swing and push Humphries into the stands. Despite this ensuing chaos after Humphries and defensive stopper Gerald Wallace were ejected, the Nets still managed to hold on and get a huge win. These are all good signs for Brooklyn as they’ve shown they are gelling and coming together as a team and will not let anything get in their way. People talk about the Nets having a great backcourt, but believe it or not, there have been two other factors into their surprising success so far. It all begins with the outstanding play of center Brook Lopez, and the Brooklyn Bench consisting of Andray Blatche, Reggie Evans, CJ Watson, Keith Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse.
New Posts to Hype
- Will New Texas A&M QB Kenny Hill Make Aggies Fans Ask Johnny Who?
- Can rookie starting pitchers help win a pennant?
- Rutgers Football: Q&A With Seattle Times’ Washington State Beat Writer, Bud Withers
- New York Jets: How Good Will Chris Johnson Be This Year?
- U.S. Open Women’s Preview: Can Serena Swing It?
- AFC West, NFC West teams have tough road with 2014 schedule
- NFL Rumors: Will St. Louis Rams Sign Tim Tebow Following Sam Bradford Season-Ending ACL Injury?
- 5 Takeaways From New York Giants Preseason Week 3 Victory