December 21, 2009, the Mets signed a 35 year old knuckle baller, R.A. Dickey, whose record was sub .500 and an ERA of around 5.00. If Mets fans were asked at the time that Dickey would be traded a few years later for at top 15 prospect in baseball pretty much all would have thought it was crazy. Well, that day is among us. The Mets have traded Dickey, Josh Thole and a minor leaguer to the Toronto Blue Jays for Travis D’Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard, John Buck, a minor leaguer and cash. All sentimental value aside this trade is an easy win for the Mets. Realistically the Mets are a few years away from competing. They just acquired a cornerstone catcher, something the Mets haven’t had since the soon to be hall of famer Mike Piazza. With a core of young pitching prospects in Harvey, Wheeler and now Syndergaard thrown in with Niese and Mejia Mets fans should be salivating at the thought that rotation. The major factor is that all of these pitchers will be growing with one catcher, unlike the revolving door that the Mets have had these last few years. Now with the saga coming to an end here is a little breakdown of the players being moved people might not know that much about.
New Posts to Hype
- NFL Rumors: Will Texans Trade Andre Johnson To Patriots, Colts, Packers, Seahawks, Panthers Or Dolphins?
- ‘SIX STATS’ you might not know about… Anthony Mason
- Despite release, A.J. Hawk cements his Packers’ legacy
- NHL Rumors: Would Bruins Trade Zdeno Chara To Ducks, Sharks, Islanders, Jets Or Wild By March 2 NHL Trade Deadline?
- NFL Rumors: If Cut By Jets, Would Percy Harvin Sign With Patriots, Browns, Saints, Panthers Or Broncos?
- MLB’s worst teams in the last 20 years: What happened the following season?
- NFL Rumors: If Released By Vikings, Would Adrian Peterson Sign With Cowboys, Chargers, Jets, Colts Or Bills?
- NBA Trade Deadline 2015: Will Suns Trade Goran Dragic To Celtics, Kings, Rockets, Heat, Lakers Or Knicks?