December 21, 2009, the Mets signed a 35 year old knuckle baller, R.A. Dickey, whose record was sub .500 and an ERA of around 5.00. If Mets fans were asked at the time that Dickey would be traded a few years later for at top 15 prospect in baseball pretty much all would have thought it was crazy. Well, that day is among us. The Mets have traded Dickey, Josh Thole and a minor leaguer to the Toronto Blue Jays for Travis D’Arnaud, Noah Syndergaard, John Buck, a minor leaguer and cash. All sentimental value aside this trade is an easy win for the Mets. Realistically the Mets are a few years away from competing. They just acquired a cornerstone catcher, something the Mets haven’t had since the soon to be hall of famer Mike Piazza. With a core of young pitching prospects in Harvey, Wheeler and now Syndergaard thrown in with Niese and Mejia Mets fans should be salivating at the thought that rotation. The major factor is that all of these pitchers will be growing with one catcher, unlike the revolving door that the Mets have had these last few years. Now with the saga coming to an end here is a little breakdown of the players being moved people might not know that much about.
New Posts to Hype
- Could Phillies Trade Ryan Howard To Royals, Orioles, Rays, Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox, Mariners, Angels Or Rangers?
- Brock Lesnar Shocks All With UFC Retirement, Signs New Contract With WWE Past Wrestlemania 31
- Cowboys Sign Greg Hardy; but at what cost?
- 2015 NFL Draft Rumors: Will Bears, Bills, Browns, Chargers, Eagles, Jets, Saints Or Rams Trade With Titans To Draft Marcus Mariota?
- March Madness 2015: NCAA Tournament Picks, Predictions And Upsets From Every Region
- 12 Awesome Fantasy Football Trophies
- NFL Rumors: Would Saints Trade Drew Brees to Eagles, Bills, Jets, Bucs Or Bears?
- MLB Rumors: Should Phillies Trade Cole Hamels To Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Astros, Dodgers, Or Cubs?