I'd be remised if I didn't go into some depth about Mike Pelfrey signing a one year deal with the Twins. Pelfrey is that guy that we've had so many discussions about regarding his upside. Was he an ace or not? It was reasonable to expect that the ninth overall pick could potentially be a front of the rotation starting pitcher. But the one chance Pelfrey had to step up to be that front line guy was 2011, when he was the Opening Day starter. That season, he succeeded only in causing me to break stuff in response to his inability to get strike three.
New Posts to Hype
- Will New Texas A&M QB Kenny Hill Make Aggies Fans Ask Johnny Who?
- Can rookie starting pitchers help win a pennant?
- Rutgers Football: Q&A With Seattle Times’ Washington State Beat Writer, Bud Withers
- New York Jets: How Good Will Chris Johnson Be This Year?
- U.S. Open Women’s Preview: Can Serena Swing It?
- AFC West, NFC West teams have tough road with 2014 schedule
- NFL Rumors: Will St. Louis Rams Sign Tim Tebow Following Sam Bradford Season-Ending ACL Injury?
- 5 Takeaways From New York Giants Preseason Week 3 Victory