I'd be remised if I didn't go into some depth about Mike Pelfrey signing a one year deal with the Twins. Pelfrey is that guy that we've had so many discussions about regarding his upside. Was he an ace or not? It was reasonable to expect that the ninth overall pick could potentially be a front of the rotation starting pitcher. But the one chance Pelfrey had to step up to be that front line guy was 2011, when he was the Opening Day starter. That season, he succeeded only in causing me to break stuff in response to his inability to get strike three.
New Posts to Hype
- The Tarnished Shield
- Should Roger Goodell Step Down?
- MLB Rumors: Will Boston Red Sox Trade Yoenis Cespedes If Unable To Extend His Contract?
- NFL Rumors: Will Oakland Raiders Hire Jon Gruden To Replace Fired Head Coach Dennis Allen?
- Packers Notebook: Inside the Numbers in the Packers win over the Bears
- Jonathan Lucroy finds a home at second base
- My Thoughts on Ray Rice
- Growing Up a Student of Derek Jeter’s