If Davey Johnson was the pilot of the 2012 Washington Nationals, Mike Rizzo was the architect. After a fine career as a scout, Rizzo joined the Nationals in 2006 as assistant General Manger under Jim Bowden, but took over the top job on an interim basis when Bowden resigned in disgrace in March 2009. He got the interim tag removed in August of that year and received a 5-year extension from the club in 2010.
New Posts to Hype
- The unique baseball career of Juan Pierre
- NFL Rumors: Will Texans Trade Andre Johnson To Patriots, Colts, Packers, Seahawks, Panthers Or Dolphins?
- ‘SIX STATS’ you might not know about… Anthony Mason
- Despite release, A.J. Hawk cements his Packers’ legacy
- NHL Rumors: Would Bruins Trade Zdeno Chara To Ducks, Sharks, Islanders, Jets Or Wild By March 2 NHL Trade Deadline?
- NFL Rumors: If Cut By Jets, Would Percy Harvin Sign With Patriots, Browns, Saints, Panthers Or Broncos?
- MLB’s worst teams in the last 20 years: What happened the following season?
- NFL Rumors: If Released By Vikings, Would Adrian Peterson Sign With Cowboys, Chargers, Jets, Colts Or Bills?