If Davey Johnson was the pilot of the 2012 Washington Nationals, Mike Rizzo was the architect. After a fine career as a scout, Rizzo joined the Nationals in 2006 as assistant General Manger under Jim Bowden, but took over the top job on an interim basis when Bowden resigned in disgrace in March 2009. He got the interim tag removed in August of that year and received a 5-year extension from the club in 2010.
New Posts to Hype
- Blackhawks Crush Columbus 6-1
- Enlightening moments in sports interview history, Vol. 1: Linda Cohn and Ken Griffey, Jr.
- Jason Garrett not going anywhere
- Should the Cowboys keep Demarcus Ware?
- NFL Rumors: Will Minnesota Vikings Sign Michael Vick At The Lobbying Of Adrian Peterson?
- Which Team Got The Better Of The Rangers Trade Of Ryan Callahan To The Lightning For Martin St. Louis?
- Fishing Checklist: What to Bring on a Fishing Trip
- Kayaking Checklist: What to Bring on a Kayak Trip