If Davey Johnson was the pilot of the 2012 Washington Nationals, Mike Rizzo was the architect. After a fine career as a scout, Rizzo joined the Nationals in 2006 as assistant General Manger under Jim Bowden, but took over the top job on an interim basis when Bowden resigned in disgrace in March 2009. He got the interim tag removed in August of that year and received a 5-year extension from the club in 2010.
New Posts to Hype
- Yankees look to capitalize on Ellsbury’s stolen base prowess
- Have the Cowboys turned a corner?
- Mets Sign Granderson, Open Up New Possibilities
- MLB Midseason Bold Predictions Recap
- W2W4: Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks
- Knicks Steamroll Nets to Snap Nine-Game Losing Streak
- Yankees Sign Jacoby Ellsbury to Monster Deal
- Is Iman Shumpert’s Time as Knick Nearing an End?