If Davey Johnson was the pilot of the 2012 Washington Nationals, Mike Rizzo was the architect. After a fine career as a scout, Rizzo joined the Nationals in 2006 as assistant General Manger under Jim Bowden, but took over the top job on an interim basis when Bowden resigned in disgrace in March 2009. He got the interim tag removed in August of that year and received a 5-year extension from the club in 2010.
New Posts to Hype
- New York Giants Coaches Set Lofty Goal For Eli Manning
- 5 Takeaways From First Week of New York Jets Training Camp
- 5 Takeaways From First Week of New York Giants Training Camp
- Mets Split Road Trip, Series With Brewers Behind Jacob deGrom
- Yankees Lose Rubber Game of Important Series With Blue Jays
- New York Islanders and Kevin Poulin Agree To Contract
- The first two years of their careers didn’t define Glavine, Maddux
- MLB Rumors: Should Boston Red Sox Trade Jon Lester To Los Angeles Dodgers For Matt Kemp?