The Premier League Insider was present at the Chelsea FC VS AC Milan match at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. The expectations of a victory were big among the Chelsea FC supporters.
The hope that Chelsea FC could overturn a string of defeats and ties in its USA Tour were there. The result was that AC Milan carried out a match of attrition and won.
While it is a persona pain to see Chelsea losing to AC Milan, it can learn some lessons from the experience. The hope is that the lessons learned will help them in the Premier League or UEFA matchs such as the Champions League or Europa League.
What are the lessons?
1. Never underestimate a team like AC Milan or its goalkeeper Marco Amelia. Marco Amelia is appreciated in one of the videos recorded at the match.
2. Do not attempt sloppy plays which could turn on you.
3. Maintain the pressure and avoid fatigue. This is difficult recognizing the strong humidity here in Miami.
4. Play to win.
5. Even though there were some disastrous plays by Chelsea, the majority of them were strong until the second half. It was in the second half that the defense and offense in Chelsea began to weaken.
6. THE USA IS ALSO A WORLD FOOTBALL NATION WITH 57,748 PEOPLE ATTENDING. THIS IS THE HIGHEST ATTENDANCE RECORD FOR A CHELSEA MATCH [ACCORDING TO THE ANNOUNCER IN THE PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM AT SUN LIFE STADIUM].
My best wishes to all of you from Miami Florida.
Marco Amelia You Tube Video courtesy of Roberto Alvarez-Galloso