The chances Bill O'Brien actually leaves Penn State after just one season in Happy Valley this year are probably pretty slim. Certainly far from impossible, but any NFL team looking to hire O'Brien would be forced to pay off more than $9 million on the final eight years of O'Brien's contract (O'Brien's five-year contract was contractually automatically extended four years as a result of four years of NCAA sanctions). That is on top of an NFL coaching salary O'Brien would be due as well. O'Brien surely will not stay at Penn State as long as his predecessor, Joe Paterno, but many seem to feel as though at some point he will be lured back in to the NFL at some point. It is not likely to happen this season, but O'Brien has only himself to blame if he gets bothered by questions about his name being involved in NFL coaching rumor mills.
New Posts to Hype
- NFL Rumors: Should Chargers Trade Philip Rivers To Titans, Redskins, Texans, Browns Or Jets Before 2015 NFL Draft?
- Could Phillies Trade Ryan Howard To Royals, Orioles, Rays, Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox, Mariners, Angels Or Rangers?
- Brock Lesnar Shocks All With UFC Retirement, Signs New Contract With WWE Past Wrestlemania 31
- Cowboys Sign Greg Hardy; but at what cost?
- 2015 NFL Draft Rumors: Will Bears, Bills, Browns, Chargers, Eagles, Jets, Saints Or Rams Trade With Titans To Draft Marcus Mariota?
- March Madness 2015: NCAA Tournament Picks, Predictions And Upsets From Every Region
- 12 Awesome Fantasy Football Trophies
- NFL Rumors: Would Saints Trade Drew Brees to Eagles, Bills, Jets, Bucs Or Bears?