The chances Bill O'Brien actually leaves Penn State after just one season in Happy Valley this year are probably pretty slim. Certainly far from impossible, but any NFL team looking to hire O'Brien would be forced to pay off more than $9 million on the final eight years of O'Brien's contract (O'Brien's five-year contract was contractually automatically extended four years as a result of four years of NCAA sanctions). That is on top of an NFL coaching salary O'Brien would be due as well. O'Brien surely will not stay at Penn State as long as his predecessor, Joe Paterno, but many seem to feel as though at some point he will be lured back in to the NFL at some point. It is not likely to happen this season, but O'Brien has only himself to blame if he gets bothered by questions about his name being involved in NFL coaching rumor mills.
New Posts to Hype
- The disappearance of the 20-game winner in baseball
- NFL Rumors: Should The Dolphins Trade Ryan Tannehill To The Texans, Browns, Redskins, Rams Or Bears
- NFL Rumors: Could Bears Trade Matt Forte To Patriots, Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, Colts Or Dolphins?
- NL Central: MLB’s best division in 2015
- MLB DFS Picks: Heists And Homers Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks For Thursday, October 1
- MLB DFS Picks: Heists And Homers Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks For Wednesday, September 30
- MLB DFS Picks: Heists And Homers Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks For Tuesday, September 29
- MLB DFS Picks: Heists And Homers Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks For Monday, September 28