Southern California’s battle with the NCAA may have ended long ago, but the long term effects continue to arise. Now entering the second year of scholarship reduction, the Trojan staff is finding it more difficult to satisfy the interests of all recruits and hold the class together. Kyle Fitts recently became the fifth commitment to renege on an earlier pledge. In a decision that the 4-star prospect described as emotional and heartbreaking, he has chosen to sever ties with USC and begin a new college search. The root of the decommitment remains unclear, since the defensive end did not disclose the matter that led to his withdrawal.
New Posts to Hype
- Rice wins first conference title since 1957
- Mean Green exceed expectations; going bowling
- Yankees look to capitalize on Ellsbury’s stolen base prowess
- Have the Cowboys turned a corner?
- Mets Sign Granderson, Open Up New Possibilities
- MLB Midseason Bold Predictions Recap
- W2W4: Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks
- Knicks Steamroll Nets to Snap Nine-Game Losing Streak