Going into this off-season, there was no doubt, much like prior off-seasons, that a true leadoff center fielder was the top priority for Nats GM Mike Rizzo. With relatively limited needs outside the bullpen and a fourth starter, Nats GM Mike Rizzo focused on acquiring that leadoff position player. He did it by dealing top pitching prospect Alex Meyer to the Minnesota Twins for CF Denard Span. The Nationals have coveted Span for the past two seasons and finally got their man. The acquisition of Span also hadadditional roster reverberations. By acquiring Span and resigning 1B Adam LaRoche, the Nats ran out of roster room for slugger Mike Morse. Subsequently, they dealt Morse back to Seattle for prospects, including P AJ Cole.
New Posts to Hype
- Should The Washington Redskins Trade Robert Griffin III To Jets, Rams, Bills Or Texans?
- MLB Rumors: Could Seattle Mariners Trade For Justin Upton Or Acquire Matt Kemp?
- How important are divisional games in the NFL?
- Will NFL Postpone Buffalo Bills Vs. New York Jets Game Due To Record Amount Of Snow?
- Could The 2014 NFL Draft WR Class Become The Greatest In NFL History?
- BREAKING: Adrian Peterson Suspended For At Least Rest Of 2014 NFL Season
- Winning an NFL game with 14 or fewer points
- Packers Numbers Notebook: Stats from their win over Philadelphia