Going into this off-season, there was no doubt, much like prior off-seasons, that a true leadoff center fielder was the top priority for Nats GM Mike Rizzo. With relatively limited needs outside the bullpen and a fourth starter, Nats GM Mike Rizzo focused on acquiring that leadoff position player. He did it by dealing top pitching prospect Alex Meyer to the Minnesota Twins for CF Denard Span. The Nationals have coveted Span for the past two seasons and finally got their man. The acquisition of Span also hadadditional roster reverberations. By acquiring Span and resigning 1B Adam LaRoche, the Nats ran out of roster room for slugger Mike Morse. Subsequently, they dealt Morse back to Seattle for prospects, including P AJ Cole.
New Posts to Hype
- Julius Thomas nothing but a product of Peyton Manning
- Baylor wins Big XII and on the rise
- Is Greg Schiano doing enough to return to the Buccaneers in 2014?
- Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is done for the season
- Houston Texans have no interest in Mike Shanahan
- Eagles Lions game a preview of this years Super Bowl?
- Should the Patriots move on from Gronkowski?
- How long does Mike Shanahan remain with the Redskins?