Going into this off-season, there was no doubt, much like prior off-seasons, that a true leadoff center fielder was the top priority for Nats GM Mike Rizzo. With relatively limited needs outside the bullpen and a fourth starter, Nats GM Mike Rizzo focused on acquiring that leadoff position player. He did it by dealing top pitching prospect Alex Meyer to the Minnesota Twins for CF Denard Span. The Nationals have coveted Span for the past two seasons and finally got their man. The acquisition of Span also hadadditional roster reverberations. By acquiring Span and resigning 1B Adam LaRoche, the Nats ran out of roster room for slugger Mike Morse. Subsequently, they dealt Morse back to Seattle for prospects, including P AJ Cole.
New Posts to Hype
- Nets Get Back Over .500 With Win Against Kings
- Strong 4th Quarter Pushes Knicks Past 76ers
- Blackhawks Top Sabres 2-1 in Buffalo
- Could New York Knicks Hire Phil Jackson To Fire Mike Woodson And Replace Him With Brian Shaw?
- NFL Rumors: Will New England Patriots Trade Ryan Mallett To Houston Texans?
- W2W4: Brooklyn Nets vs. Boston Celtics
- Nets Reach Above .500 For First Time This Season
- 2013 the best year for rookies in NFL history