Going into this off-season, there was no doubt, much like prior off-seasons, that a true leadoff center fielder was the top priority for Nats GM Mike Rizzo. With relatively limited needs outside the bullpen and a fourth starter, Nats GM Mike Rizzo focused on acquiring that leadoff position player. He did it by dealing top pitching prospect Alex Meyer to the Minnesota Twins for CF Denard Span. The Nationals have coveted Span for the past two seasons and finally got their man. The acquisition of Span also hadadditional roster reverberations. By acquiring Span and resigning 1B Adam LaRoche, the Nats ran out of roster room for slugger Mike Morse. Subsequently, they dealt Morse back to Seattle for prospects, including P AJ Cole.
New Posts to Hype
- NFL QBs who completed 85% or more of their passes in a game
- Losing three straight at home in a season in the NFL
- Wanna win the World Series? Hire a former MLB catcher to be your manager
- Packers numbers Notebook: Stats from their win over Carolina
- NFL Rumors: Despite Possible November Reinstatement, I See No Chance The New England Patriots Sign Ray Rice
- Royals finally get that return trip to the World Series
- Which NFL games this season have been the most competitive?
- Notable Decorated NHL Protective Masks