Everybody loves trivia, right? Let’s see how well you do on these trivia questions. The topic: 90-win seasons in major league baseball. (You’ll be able to find the answers to these questions in the narrative written following the five questions.)
1. Nine teams had 90-plus wins last season. Of those nine teams, name the three teams that also won 90 or more games in 2011.
2. Since 2000, the New York Yankees top the majors with 11 90-win seasons. Three National League teams are tied for the top spot in the N.L. with seven 90-win seasons. Can you name those three teams?
3. Three teams have not had a 90-win season in this century. Two are A.L. teams, one is an N.L. team. Name the three.
4. Seven franchises have never won 90 or more games in three consecutive seasons. How many of the seven can you name?
5. In addition to the seven teams that have never won 90-plus games in three straight seasons, one team has not won 90-plus games since 1928-30. Can you name that team?