New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez has officially been arrested on Wednesday morning, although the charges will not be announced until Hernandez is arraigned later this afternoon. Hernandez has been linked to the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was believed to be a friend of the Patriots’ tight end. The two were together just hours before Lloyd was murdered, which led to the opening of a criminal investigation into Hernandez. Further complicating things for the former Florida Gators troubled standout was the fact that Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and home surveillance system. An arrest warrant was long suspected since the end of last week, but it became official this morning as the Bristol County District Attorney’s office released a statement officially announcing Hernandez’s arrest, although charges were not disclosed. He was led out of his house around 9 a.m. ET from the front door of his mansion, wearing a white V-neck T-shirt, long red athletic shorts and black sneakers.
New Posts to Hype
- Catchers and Outfielders Top Yankees Prospect Rankings by Baseball America
- Four Rutgers Football Players Receive All-Conference Postseason Honors
- Trenton Serves As Center Stage For Yankees Player Development
- Why the Army Navy Game still means something
- When was the last time your team won a division title in the NFL?
- The Cleveland Browns: Hey coach do you have Tebow’s Number?
- Cincinnati Bengals: Who Dey?
- North Texas accepts Heart of Dallas Bowl bid