New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez has officially been arrested on Wednesday morning, although the charges will not be announced until Hernandez is arraigned later this afternoon. Hernandez has been linked to the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was believed to be a friend of the Patriots’ tight end. The two were together just hours before Lloyd was murdered, which led to the opening of a criminal investigation into Hernandez. Further complicating things for the former Florida Gators troubled standout was the fact that Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and home surveillance system. An arrest warrant was long suspected since the end of last week, but it became official this morning as the Bristol County District Attorney’s office released a statement officially announcing Hernandez’s arrest, although charges were not disclosed. He was led out of his house around 9 a.m. ET from the front door of his mansion, wearing a white V-neck T-shirt, long red athletic shorts and black sneakers.
New Posts to Hype
- Broncos were forced to make changes
- Tony Romo Will not Lead Dallas to a Super Bowl Win
- If Philadelphia Phillies Trade Cole Hamels To Boston Red Sox, What Would It Mean For Jon Lester?
- Hurt Locker: Jake Locker’s final season?
- Top 5 New York Jets For 2014 Fantasy Football
- Misguided confidence in Green Bay Packers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick could be what the Texans need
- 2014 NFL Training Camp: Optimism in the air