New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez has officially been arrested on Wednesday morning, although the charges will not be announced until Hernandez is arraigned later this afternoon. Hernandez has been linked to the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was believed to be a friend of the Patriots’ tight end. The two were together just hours before Lloyd was murdered, which led to the opening of a criminal investigation into Hernandez. Further complicating things for the former Florida Gators troubled standout was the fact that Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and home surveillance system. An arrest warrant was long suspected since the end of last week, but it became official this morning as the Bristol County District Attorney’s office released a statement officially announcing Hernandez’s arrest, although charges were not disclosed. He was led out of his house around 9 a.m. ET from the front door of his mansion, wearing a white V-neck T-shirt, long red athletic shorts and black sneakers.
New Posts to Hype
- The NFL, Week 1: Return of the Prediction
- The world is coming to an end… Orioles, Royals in first place on September 1
- NBA Rumors: Likely That Boston Celtics Trade Rajon Rondo, But Unlikely To Sacramento Kings
- Undefeated or winless in the preseason: Does it matter?
- Strong Era Begins with with a Win
- Around the Big Ten: Wisconsin lets one slip away vs. LSU
- Penn State 26, UCF 24: Oh, Sammy Boy!
- Will New Texas A&M QB Kenny Hill Make Aggies Fans Ask Johnny Who?