New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez has officially been arrested on Wednesday morning, although the charges will not be announced until Hernandez is arraigned later this afternoon. Hernandez has been linked to the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was believed to be a friend of the Patriots’ tight end. The two were together just hours before Lloyd was murdered, which led to the opening of a criminal investigation into Hernandez. Further complicating things for the former Florida Gators troubled standout was the fact that Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and home surveillance system. An arrest warrant was long suspected since the end of last week, but it became official this morning as the Bristol County District Attorney’s office released a statement officially announcing Hernandez’s arrest, although charges were not disclosed. He was led out of his house around 9 a.m. ET from the front door of his mansion, wearing a white V-neck T-shirt, long red athletic shorts and black sneakers.
New Posts to Hype
- Knicks Name New Assistant Coach
- Series Recap: Mets and Cubs Split Four-Game Series
- Mike Fiers’ 14-strikeout performance was historic
- 2014 Preseason AP Top 25 Poll Features FSU No. 1, Alabama No. 2 And Plenty Of Overrated And Underrated Teams
- Peyton on verge of becoming NFL’s greatest ’30-something’ QB
- NBA Rumors: Is It Inevitable Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Ray Allen?
- 2014 PGA Championship: Final Round Pairings, Tee Times Set As Rory McIlroy Chases Championship At Valhalla
- Former Devils Star, Brian Rafalski, Elected To US Hockey Hall of Fame