New England Patriots star tight end Aaron Hernandez has officially been arrested on Wednesday morning, although the charges will not be announced until Hernandez is arraigned later this afternoon. Hernandez has been linked to the murder of Odin Lloyd, a semi-professional football player who was believed to be a friend of the Patriots’ tight end. The two were together just hours before Lloyd was murdered, which led to the opening of a criminal investigation into Hernandez. Further complicating things for the former Florida Gators troubled standout was the fact that Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and home surveillance system. An arrest warrant was long suspected since the end of last week, but it became official this morning as the Bristol County District Attorney’s office released a statement officially announcing Hernandez’s arrest, although charges were not disclosed. He was led out of his house around 9 a.m. ET from the front door of his mansion, wearing a white V-neck T-shirt, long red athletic shorts and black sneakers.
New Posts to Hype
- Best Fantasy Football Team Names
- Should New York Yankees Trade For Philadelphia Phillies 1B Ryan Howard Before July 31 MLB Trade Deadline?
- Yankees Win Rain-Shortened Game Against Rangers
- Nets Sign Two Of Their Second Round Picks
- Mets Take Series From Mariners Behind Stellar Bartolo Colon Start
- Baltimore Ravens RB Ray Rice Suspended For First 2 Games Of 2014 NFL Season Following Elevator Incident
- Celtics Moving On From Kevin Love Trade Talks, While Cavs And Bulls Ramp Up Effort To Acquire Timberwolves Star
- New York Giants Suffer Huge Blow With Chris Snee Retirement