The New England Patriots have taken many hits as it relates to former tight end Aaron Hernandez, as he awaits trial on charges that he murdered his friend, Odin Lloyd. It has cost them in terms of a fairly clean image, while also becoming a huge financial burden in terms of salary cap and financial obligations. Most recently, the Patriots conducted an Aaron Hernandez jersey exchange on Saturday and Sunday, where fans could bring in their No. 81 Patriots Hernandez jerseys and exchange it for another one of similar value. Fans lined up an hour before the pro shop opened and, with over 1,200 exchanges taking place alone on Saturday, the weekend cost the Pats around $250,000. In truth, a small price to pay for doing everything possible to distance themselves and the alleged killer. And while yes, it is a price worth paying, and certainly one that the Patriots could afford, it is still the first gesture of its kind. All of the New England haters out there can be heard saying, “Big deal. They can take that hit,” or “It is their own fault for drafting him and giving him a long term deal,” how about applauding them for one second for doing something that other teams have failed to do. With that being said, here are 5 other NFL teams who should have beaten the Patriots to the punch and conducted a jersey exchange of their own following other tragic incidents involving NFL players:
New Posts to Hype
- Could Phillies Trade Ryan Howard To Royals, Orioles, Rays, Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox, Mariners, Angels Or Rangers?
- Brock Lesnar Shocks All With UFC Retirement, Signs New Contract With WWE Past Wrestlemania 31
- Cowboys Sign Greg Hardy; but at what cost?
- 2015 NFL Draft Rumors: Will Bears, Bills, Browns, Chargers, Eagles, Jets, Saints Or Rams Trade With Titans To Draft Marcus Mariota?
- March Madness 2015: NCAA Tournament Picks, Predictions And Upsets From Every Region
- 12 Awesome Fantasy Football Trophies
- NFL Rumors: Would Saints Trade Drew Brees to Eagles, Bills, Jets, Bucs Or Bears?
- MLB Rumors: Should Phillies Trade Cole Hamels To Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Orioles, Astros, Dodgers, Or Cubs?