The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs will take place on Saturday, May 3. The draw was announced yesterday with all 20 horses receiving their post positions. Morning-line favorite California Chrome drew the No. 5 post as a 5-2 favorite. California Chrome comes into the Derby having won his last four starts by a combined 24 1/4 lengths, so it is no wonder why he is a heavy favorite. Hoppertunity, who lost to California Chrome in the Santa Anita Derby, drew the No. 11 post for the race Saturday at Churchill Downs as the second choice at 6-1. Here is a breakdown of the entire draw, with the betting odds for all 20 horses listed in parentheses:
New Posts to Hype
- New York Yankees Post Game Recap July 30th
- Mets Steamroll Phillies Behind Lucas Duda, Zack Wheeler
- New York Yankees Are Active At Trade Deadline
- David Wilson Scheduled For Meeting With Doctor Monday
- Matt Harvey To Start Throwing From Mound Next Week
- Buffalo Bills members of the Hall of Fame, who’s next?
- MLB Rumors: Did Boston Red Sox Trade Jon Lester To Oakland Athletics For Yoenis Cespedes?
- The Oakland Raiders are on the move