The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs will take place on Saturday, May 3. The draw was announced yesterday with all 20 horses receiving their post positions. Morning-line favorite California Chrome drew the No. 5 post as a 5-2 favorite. California Chrome comes into the Derby having won his last four starts by a combined 24 1/4 lengths, so it is no wonder why he is a heavy favorite. Hoppertunity, who lost to California Chrome in the Santa Anita Derby, drew the No. 11 post for the race Saturday at Churchill Downs as the second choice at 6-1. Here is a breakdown of the entire draw, with the betting odds for all 20 horses listed in parentheses:
New Posts to Hype
- Week 1 NFL Picks Thursday Night Football
- With No NFL Offers, Will Michael Sam Sign With CFL Montreal Alouettes Or With WWE?
- The NFL, Week 1: Return of the Prediction
- The world is coming to an end… Orioles, Royals in first place on September 1
- NBA Rumors: Likely That Boston Celtics Trade Rajon Rondo, But Unlikely To Sacramento Kings
- Undefeated or winless in the preseason: Does it matter?
- Strong Era Begins with with a Win
- Around the Big Ten: Wisconsin lets one slip away vs. LSU