The 140th running of the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs will take place on Saturday, May 3. The draw was announced yesterday with all 20 horses receiving their post positions. Morning-line favorite California Chrome drew the No. 5 post as a 5-2 favorite. California Chrome comes into the Derby having won his last four starts by a combined 24 1/4 lengths, so it is no wonder why he is a heavy favorite. Hoppertunity, who lost to California Chrome in the Santa Anita Derby, drew the No. 11 post for the race Saturday at Churchill Downs as the second choice at 6-1. Here is a breakdown of the entire draw, with the betting odds for all 20 horses listed in parentheses:
New Posts to Hype
- Can rookie starting pitchers help win a pennant?
- Rutgers Football: Q&A With Seattle Times’ Washington State Beat Writer, Bud Withers
- New York Jets: How Good Will Chris Johnson Be This Year?
- U.S. Open Women’s Preview: Can Serena Swing It?
- AFC West, NFC West teams have tough road with 2014 schedule
- NFL Rumors: Will St. Louis Rams Sign Tim Tebow Following Sam Bradford Season-Ending ACL Injury?
- 5 Takeaways From New York Giants Preseason Week 3 Victory
- New York Jets Finally Announce Geno Smith As Starting Quarterback